Monday, September 13, 2010

First trip to Dollywood

My Birthday fell on a Monday this year and Travis and I happened to be off for the July fourth holiday so we decided to do something fun for us and Tate. Tate has never been to Dollywood so we decided to make a day of it. I don't know who was more excited Travis or myself. One thing about parenthood that I love it showing your child new fun things in life. Well this day was full of them. When we got there we decided to go straight to the Country Fair. We rode the elephants and the tea cups together. What a blast! What I wasn't ready for was for Tate to ride some rides by himself...sounds absurd at 21 months! On the contrary Tate was able to ride the Bubble Bees and the Ducks all by himself...what a big boy! We also made our way up to the carousel and the last stop was the famous steam engine train. By this time in the day Tate was wore out and actually fell asleep on the train. What a great and memorable birthday!





No comments:

Post a Comment